Here we come
Mooncake is a Russian instrumental and post-rock band founded in Moscow early 2006. The main idea of the band’s music is to open the door to infinite space and cosmos in any everyday thing.Read More
Mooncake is sometimes compared to Pink Floyd or Mogwai but the band has made a name for itself having developed its own style and became quiet popular among connoisseurs of genre both home and abroad. Catchy melodies, atmosphere, the ideal balance between rapture and grief: all this has always been Mooncake's distinctive feature.
Pavel Smirnov – guitars
Anton Marchenko – bass
Nikolay Bulanov – cello, keys
Anton Strotz – drums
· 6 successful CD and DVD releases (1 LP, 3 EPs, acoustic DVD and remixes compilation). Second LP to be released in 2012.
· Сontracts with American, German and Chinese labels (Fluttery Records, Oxide-Tones, Pocket music) for distribution in digital and CD formats all over the world.
· Contract with VGTRK (the biggest Russian TV holding) – Mooncake’s music sounds in “My Planet” shows – popular science and travel documentary series.
· More than 100 concerts all over Russia, Baltic tour in August 2011, China tour in November 2011
· Regular shows at top Moscow clubs and festivals, performance as headliner at Uue Ajastu Festival in Estonia in August 2011.
· Joint gigs with God Is An Astronaut, Explosions In The Sky, Russian circles, Caspian
Dance performance «Who let the bird’s out?» with contemporary dance theatre association “Tsekh”.
TheSillentBallet.com - the largest resource on instrumental music - published a rapt review of Mooncake’s album "Lagrange Points" having graded it 8 points out of possible 10, noting:
“Russia has long been waiting for a band to champion over its Western competition. Mooncake may be that band.”