BORIS BAZUROV (b.1959)Read More
Composer, conductor, producer
Education -High: Russian Music Academy by Gnesin’s,
Choir Art Academy by Sveshnikov
Works and basic projects:
* Libretto, music & words for crossover opera “RURIK The Konung of Rus”
* Ouverture “Pugachovshchina” for symphonic orchestra -based on themes for last unreleased opera by Modest Mussorgsky
· Music, video & 3D animations for project "Snow Girl"”
( jazzy musical based on poetry by V.Khlebnikov, 1995-2001, Russia ),
· Publication original 9 CD's on the MP3.com - web leader of digital music:
Internet results (End of 2000 y.):
1th world position on the "crossover classic" charts (3 weeks, January 2000),
1th world position on the "electronic classical" charts (2 weeks, Mar-Apr 2000),
1th world position on the "vocal ensemble" charts (1 week, December 1999),
1th position on the "russian tradition" charts (2 weeks,Febr,Dec.2000)
as well -different positions on Top10 in nominations: symphonic, contemporary classic, experimental classical, soundtrack, minimalism, opera, new age, folk rock, progressive rock, medieval, contemporary jazz.
* Producing episodes of Red Square concert Action "Our Ancient Capital Moscow 850" - (1997, Directed by A.Konchalovsky, Live by BBC World TV Channel),
* Music and soundtrack for movie picture "Rjaba My Chicken" -Cannes Cinema Festival, basic shows, 1995. Directed by A.Konchalovsky.
* Music and soundtracks for movie pictures "Moscow Jack" (Mosfilm Studio,1999), for animation film "Bygone Business" (Grand Prix by Neapol Animation Festival, 1989), music reconstructions for movie pictures:
"Peace Don"(Directed by S.Bondarchuk,1994,Italy/Russia), "Youth of Alexander Nevsky",1987, "Ancient Russia",1985, directed by G.Vasiliev etc.
* Music for central Moscow theaters, more 40 advertising works for TV and radio,
* Music for 9 CD-Rom's with kids tales ("IC" Russia,1997),
* Concert performans on basic philarmonies Moscow Halls (Tchaikovsky Hall,
House of Composers etc.), in programm of 17th EBU Festival (1996, Danmark),
also in USA, Germany, Poland, Hungary etc.
·Writting, recording & producing of first russian ethno-rock opera
"Cossack Razin Stepan" 1990, Moscow
·Master classes for students of Gnesin's Russian Academy of Music (95-96) and Knox College (USA,2000)