the Scratch Orchestra
3 Shouts - 1,356 Scrobbles
The Scratch Orchestra was an experimental musical ensemble founded in the spring of 1969 by Cornelius Cardew, Michael Parsons and Howard Skempton. The Orchestra reflected Cardew's musical philosophy at that time. This meant that anyone could join and there was an emphasis on improvisation. Despite the emphasis on free improvisation, the varying experience of the members, and the 'do your own thing' free aesthetic of the time, the Scratch Orchestra was a disciplined ensemble.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Paragraph 7 - (20:21) - 3 plays
- B - (5:01) - 3 plays
- A - (5:54) - 3 plays
- Pilgrimage From Scattered Points... - (7:15) - 1 plays
- Cornelius Cardew and The Scratch Orchestra - Paragraph 1 - (22:10) - 1 plays
- Paragraph 2 - (21:41) - 1 plays
- Paragraph 1 - (22:10) - 1 plays
- Pilgrimage from Scattered Points on the Surface of the Body to the Brain, the Inner Ear, the Heart, and the Stomach - (7:15) - 1 plays
- London 1969 (A) - (5:54) - 1 plays
- November 1969, Hamstead Town Hall, London (Part 1) - (5:52) - 1 plays