0 Shouts - 963,339 Scrobbles
Miaou were formed in 1999 by Tatsuki Hamasaki and sisters Mayumi and Hiromi Hasegawa.Read More...
Their debut album, 'Happiness' (Noon records, 2003), was quickly followed by a tour with Australia's Art Of Fighting and then their 2005 release, 'Make These Things Alright', the band's second full length album.
That same year saw a tour with Canada's Below The Sea, with whom the band also collaborated with to record a split e.p., released on Preco Records, the label of Tokyo music store LINUS RECORDS.
In 2006, things started off with the inclusion of 'Grasslands' on the Where Are My Records compilation c.d., "Je T'aime", before the band headed into the studio to record probably their most distinctive, beautiful and accomplished material to date with the painted e.p. (Thomason Sounds). The e.p. was once again recorded by toe's Takaaki Mino, who has produced all of their material to date.
The release of the painted e.p. was followed by a Japan tour with Thomason Sounds label mates Tracer AMC from Northern Ireland, as well as securing a worldwide distribution deal with Darla Records.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hello World - 64,263 plays
- Anything Goes - 44,195 plays
- A Bird In The Hand - 35,242 plays
- Scene of the Sunrise - 32,185 plays
- Grasslands (Revised) - 25,432 plays
- Morning Sun - 43,262 plays
- muno - 21,220 plays
- Promise Song - 35,297 plays
- Always Dreaming of Things To Come - 37,112 plays
- Future Pavilion - 33,202 plays