0 Shouts - 973,958 Scrobbles
Miaou were formed in 1999 by Tatsuki Hamasaki and sisters Mayumi and Hiromi Hasegawa.Read More...
Their debut album, 'Happiness' (Noon records, 2003), was quickly followed by a tour with Australia's Art Of Fighting and then their 2005 release, 'Make These Things Alright', the band's second full length album.
That same year saw a tour with Canada's Below The Sea, with whom the band also collaborated with to record a split e.p., released on Preco Records, the label of Tokyo music store LINUS RECORDS.
In 2006, things started off with the inclusion of 'Grasslands' on the Where Are My Records compilation c.d., "Je T'aime", before the band headed into the studio to record probably their most distinctive, beautiful and accomplished material to date with the painted e.p. (Thomason Sounds). The e.p. was once again recorded by toe's Takaaki Mino, who has produced all of their material to date.
The release of the painted e.p. was followed by a Japan tour with Thomason Sounds label mates Tracer AMC from Northern Ireland, as well as securing a worldwide distribution deal with Darla Records.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hello World - 65,111 plays
- Anything Goes - 44,343 plays
- A Bird In The Hand - 35,502 plays
- Scene of the Sunrise - 32,310 plays
- Grasslands (Revised) - 25,495 plays
- Morning Sun - 43,994 plays
- Promise Song - 35,677 plays
- muno - 21,279 plays
- Always Dreaming of Things To Come - 37,579 plays
- Future Pavilion - 33,595 plays