2 Shouts - 1,012 Scrobbles
A longtime member of The Sun Ra Arkestra, alto saxophonist Marshall Allen later assumed leadership of the group following the departures of Sun Ra and his immediate successor, John Gilmore. He was also a regular collaborator of Babatunde Olatunji, in the process emerging as one of the first jazz musicians to fuse the avant-garde with traditional African music. Allen was born May 25, 1924, in Louisville, KY, beginning clarinet lessons at the age of ten.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- State Street Chicago - (7:53) - 22 plays
- Nothin' From Nothin' - (4:26) - 21 plays
- Yesterdays - (7:49) - 18 plays
- But Not For Me - (6:00) - 16 plays
- Say It Isn't So - (6:14) - 15 plays
- I Dream Too Much - (5:06) - 38 plays
- Reflections In Blue - (8:19) - 14 plays
- Hours After - (8:44) - 12 plays
- Beautiful Love - (5:01) - 16 plays
- Love On A Far Away Planet - (10:05) - 11 plays