0 Shouts - 99,516 Scrobbles
There are (at least) two artists using the name Knife City.Read More...
1. Knife City is a solo electronic music project by Luke Silas, who also plays drums for Anamanaguchi
2. Knife City is a solo project started in early 2005 by Branden Diven. Since then he has released cassettes and cdrs on various independent record labels, such as X Died Enroute Y, Nurse Etiquette, Barfing Dagger, Morbid Tapes, and American Grizzly (owned and operated by he and his fiance). He has done split releases with Cadaver In Drag, Villa Valley, and Ferveur Noire, and in 2007 he has plans to share more splits and collaborative releases with the likes of Body Collector, Hauntings, The Goslings, and Halflings, among others. With many releases underway and a Midwest/Eastcoast tour with Roxanne Jean Polise and Villa Valley in the Spring of 2006, Knife City will surely make a name for himself in todays thriving noise scene.
Knife City's sound sources are made with various microphones and effects, sometimes incorporating tape loops or amplified metal objects...accentuated with gutteral screamed vocals all the while. With Knife City, Diven has always strived to channel the heaviest, darkest, most crushing low-end sounds when creating music under this alias.
Diven has plans to start a new label called Abhorrent A.D. in January 2007, as well as tentative tours throught the year.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- slam dunk lifestyle - 15,741 plays
- bad news - 12,625 plays
- hunting - 12,435 plays
- braid - 11,251 plays
- just trash - 10,360 plays
- Crescendolls - 5,447 plays
- precious jewel - 2,762 plays
- goodbye! goodbye! goodbye! - 2,252 plays
- poison flower - 2,096 plays
- Just Putting It Out There - 1,484 plays