1,993 Shouts - 21,364,682 Scrobbles
a-ha was a Norwegian band that was globally successful from the 1980s until their split in 2010. The trio, composed of lead vocalist Morten Harket, guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy and keyboardist Magne Furuholmen, formed in 1982 and left Oslo, Norway for London in order to make a career in the music business. The origin of the name a-ha comes from the lyric of an early song. After checking dictionaries in several languages, they found out that 'a-ha' was an international way of expressing recognition, with positive connotations. It was short, a-ha was easy to say and somewhat unusual.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWe're talking away
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
- LyricsHere I am and within the reach of my hands
She's sound asleep and she's sweeter now
Than the wildest dream could have seen her
And I watch her sleeping away
Though I know I'll be hunting high and low
- LyricsI'll never let you see
The way my broken heart is hurting me
I've got my pride and I know how to hide
All my sorrow and pain
I'll do my crying in the rain
- LyricsTouch me, how can it be?
Believe me the sun always shines on TV
Hold me close to your heart
Touch me and give all your love to me, to me
I reached inside myself and found
- LyricsHey driver, where we're going?
I swear my nerves are showing
Set your hopes up way too high
The living's in the way we die
Comes the morning and the headlights fade away
- Stay On These Roads - (4:45) - 16,802 plays
- The Sun Always Shines on TV - (5:05) - 16,148 plays
- Summer Moved On - (4:37) - 17,844 plays
- Lifelines - (4:14) - 17,316 plays
- Velvet - (4:18) - 16,047 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online