1,941 Shouts - 19,921,310 Scrobbles
a-ha was a Norwegian band that was globally successful from the 1980s until their split in 2010. The trio, composed of lead vocalist Morten Harket, guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy and keyboardist Magne Furuholmen, formed in 1982 and left Oslo, Norway for London in order to make a career in the music business. The origin of the name a-ha comes from the lyric of an early song. After checking dictionaries in several languages, they found out that 'a-ha' was an international way of expressing recognition, with positive connotations. It was short, a-ha was easy to say and somewhat unusual.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take on Me - (3:48) - 213,273 plays
- Hunting High and Low - (3:45) - 28,019 plays
- The Living Daylights - (4:17) - 23,397 plays
- Crying In The Rain - (4:24) - 26,594 plays
- The Sun Always Shines on TV - (5:05) - 19,644 plays
- The Sun Always Shines On T.V. - (5:08) - 18,056 plays
- Summer Moved On - (4:37) - 20,590 plays
- Stay On These Roads - (4:45) - 18,279 plays
- Lifelines - (4:14) - 19,213 plays
- Velvet - (4:18) - 16,075 plays