103 Shouts - 506,382 Scrobbles
Zounds were a UK anarchist band formed in 1977 from loose jamming sessions around the Reading area. Originally they were part of the cassette culture movement, releasing material on the Fuck Off Records tape label, and were also involved in the squatting and free festival scene. The band met up with fellow anarchists Crass when, legend has it, their van broke down on the road. They made their way to nearby Dial House, where Crass were based, who helped them with repairs. The two bands became friends, and although musically very divergent, they shared many common political views.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsOne, two, three, go
I've got an ego
It won't let me go
And what am I gonna do?
A B C D
- LyricsI look out the window and I wonder at it all,
Staring at the symbols that decorate the wall,
And everybody's calling to come and join them all,
But I can't go with no one till I understand the call.
Don't come round with any of that cheap karma,
- LyricsSing a song of violence and listen for the sound
All the little soldiers start to come around
Start it with a rumour, a whisper in an ear
Suspision don't take very long before it turns to fear
??? Said I need a reason, made of up and low ???
- LyricsI am the Great White Hunter
And you know I've come to search
Just to further human knowledge
All for science and research
And if by chance I bring back
- LyricsRain is floading, the pavement cracks
Headlines screaming 'Pay more tax'
A girl is crying as she misses her train
Weather man is saying "Just a little more rain"
Little bit more - Little bit more
- This Land - (4:46) - 800 plays
- New Band - (2:35) - 760 plays
- Dirty Squatters - (3:03) - 729 plays
- True Love - (2:23) - 736 plays
- Loads of Noise - (3:30) - 619 plays