0 Shouts - 1,120,892 Scrobbles
Zeca Pagodinho (b. February 4, 1959, birth name Jessé Gomes da Silva Filho) is a Brazilian singer and composer working in the genres of samba and pagode.Read More...
Born in the neighborhood of Irajá, Rio de Janeiro, Zeca Pagodinho grew up around the most traditional types of samba and started making his own verses while still a kid. In the '70s, Zeca started frequenting the Carnival Block of Cacique de Ramos, which took place in Rio de Janeiro every Wednesday and became a true pagode venu (pagode is a type of samba). At one of these jams, samba singer Beth Carvalho was impressed with Zeca's skills and invited him to record the song "Camarão Que Dorme a Onda Leva". From that point on, Zeca began to record his own albums. There are now 15 of them, and four DVDs. His creative, joyful, malicious songs translate the day-by-day of the typical easygoing carioca (citizen or Rio) and are a big success in Brazil. He's one of the biggest-sellers in the country.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deixa A Vida Me Levar - 60,683 plays
- Verdade - 41,906 plays
- Caviar - 25,404 plays
- Faixa Amarela - 23,281 plays
- Não Sou Mais Disso - 22,396 plays
- Posso Até Me Apaixonar - 20,382 plays
- Seu Balancê - 21,819 plays
- Maneco Telecoteco - 17,625 plays
- camarão que dorme a onda leva - 16,771 plays
- Vai Vadiar - 20,109 plays