39 Shouts - 350,772 Scrobbles
Ustad Zakir Hussain (born 9 March 1951), son of tabla player Ustad Allah Rakha, is the most famous classical tabla player in India (and, probably, in the world) today. He is appreciated both in the field of percussion and in the music world at large. He has won many awards and much recognition for his contributions. Zakir Hussain has worked with many leading Western and Indian artists, and has produced many works of East-West fusion, perhaps most notably with George Harrison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Babar - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (6:11) - 369 plays
- Water Girl - (3:52) - 299 plays
- Bubbles - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (7:12) - 287 plays
- Making Music - (12:30) - 311 plays
- Zakir - (6:24) - 226 plays
- Out Of The Blue - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (4:58) - 175 plays
- Anisa - (9:15) - 181 plays
- Explorations In Vilambit Teentaal - (3:42) - 193 plays
- Toni - (3:51) - 182 plays
- Sunjog - (7:36) - 169 plays