39 Shouts - 347,223 Scrobbles
Ustad Zakir Hussain (born 9 March 1951), son of tabla player Ustad Allah Rakha, is the most famous classical tabla player in India (and, probably, in the world) today. He is appreciated both in the field of percussion and in the music world at large. He has won many awards and much recognition for his contributions. Zakir Hussain has worked with many leading Western and Indian artists, and has produced many works of East-West fusion, perhaps most notably with George Harrison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Babar - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (6:11) - 399 plays
- Bubbles - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (7:12) - 295 plays
- Making Music - (12:30) - 319 plays
- Water Girl - (3:52) - 297 plays
- Zakir - (6:24) - 237 plays
- Out Of The Blue - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (4:58) - 178 plays
- Anisa - (9:15) - 198 plays
- Sunjog - (7:36) - 189 plays
- Explorations In Vilambit Teentaal - (3:42) - 194 plays
- Toni - (3:51) - 205 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online