36 Shouts - 337,848 Scrobbles
Ustad Zakir Hussain (born 9 March 1951), son of tabla player Ustad Allah Rakha, is the most famous classical tabla player in India (and, probably, in the world) today. He is appreciated both in the field of percussion and in the music world at large. He has won many awards and much recognition for his contributions. Zakir Hussain has worked with many leading Western and Indian artists, and has produced many works of East-West fusion, perhaps most notably with George Harrison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Babar - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (6:11) - 682 plays
- Bubbles - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (7:12) - 478 plays
- Explorations In Vilambit Teentaal - (3:42) - 364 plays
- Sandstorm - (5:36) - 360 plays
- The Great Indian Desert - (6:53) - 411 plays
- Nomads - (9:10) - 368 plays
- Making Music - (12:30) - 355 plays
- Out Of The Blue - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (4:58) - 283 plays
- The Binary Metre - (3:08) - 293 plays
- Water Girl - (3:52) - 295 plays