37 Shouts - 341,919 Scrobbles
Ustad Zakir Hussain (born 9 March 1951), son of tabla player Ustad Allah Rakha, is the most famous classical tabla player in India (and, probably, in the world) today. He is appreciated both in the field of percussion and in the music world at large. He has won many awards and much recognition for his contributions. Zakir Hussain has worked with many leading Western and Indian artists, and has produced many works of East-West fusion, perhaps most notably with George Harrison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Babar - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (6:11) - 410 plays
- Bubbles - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (7:12) - 321 plays
- Making Music - (12:30) - 303 plays
- Water Girl - (3:52) - 266 plays
- Out Of The Blue - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (4:58) - 191 plays
- Sunjog - (7:36) - 214 plays
- Zakir - (6:24) - 226 plays
- Anisa - (9:15) - 196 plays
- Explorations In Vilambit Teentaal - (3:42) - 198 plays
- You And Me - (2:12) - 177 plays