36 Shouts - 328,668 Scrobbles
Ustad Zakir Hussain (born 9 March 1951), son of tabla player Ustad Allah Rakha, is the most famous classical tabla player in India (and, probably, in the world) today. He is appreciated both in the field of percussion and in the music world at large. He has won many awards and much recognition for his contributions. Zakir Hussain has worked with many leading Western and Indian artists, and has produced many works of East-West fusion, perhaps most notably with George Harrison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Babar - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (6:11) - 660 plays
- Bubbles - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (7:12) - 474 plays
- Nomads - (9:10) - 396 plays
- Out Of The Blue - Feat. Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (4:58) - 311 plays
- Sandstorm - (5:36) - 316 plays
- Explorations In Vilambit Teentaal - (3:42) - 351 plays
- Making Music - (12:30) - 422 plays
- The Great Indian Desert - (6:53) - 348 plays
- Water Girl - (3:52) - 381 plays
- Zakir - (6:24) - 338 plays