39 Shouts - 86,806 Scrobbles
Z'EV (born Stefan Joel Weisser on February 8, 1951 in Los Angeles, California) is an American poet, percussionist, and sound artist. After studying various world music traditions at CalArts, he began creating his own percussion sounds out of industrial materials for a variety of record labels. He is regarded as a pioneer of industrial music.
In 1983, critic Roy Sablosky wrote: “Z’EV doesn’t just break the rules, he changes them. Journalist Louis Morra wrote in 1983: “Z’EV is a consummate example of contemporary performance art, as well as modern composition and theater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Untitled - 160 plays
- Wipe Out - (2:36) - 72 plays
- Terra - (12:02) - 52 plays
- Solo Z#1 - (15:21) - 31 plays
- Terra - Excerpt - (4:40) - 32 plays
- Aqua - (12:02) - 33 plays
- z = -(Es+E3 ) - (5:28) - 37 plays
- e = z^4 - (8:09) - 38 plays
- V2 = u2- 2 - (9:41) - 36 plays
- Terra (Excerpt) - (4:40) - 29 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online