36 Shouts - 83,528 Scrobbles
Z'EV (born Stefan Joel Weisser on February 8, 1951 in Los Angeles, California) is an American poet, percussionist, and sound artist. After studying various world music traditions at CalArts, he began creating his own percussion sounds out of industrial materials for a variety of record labels. He is regarded as a pioneer of industrial music.
In 1983, critic Roy Sablosky wrote: “Z’EV doesn’t just break the rules, he changes them. Journalist Louis Morra wrote in 1983: “Z’EV is a consummate example of contemporary performance art, as well as modern composition and theater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Untitled - 127 plays
- Wipe Out - (2:36) - 58 plays
- Terra - (12:02) - 53 plays
- Solo Z#1 - (15:21) - 51 plays
- z = -[Es+E3 ] - (5:28) - 64 plays
- Aqua - (12:02) - 52 plays
- Aer - (12:02) - 40 plays
- e = z^4 - (8:09) - 72 plays
- z = -(Es+E3 ) - (5:28) - 61 plays
- Ignis - (12:02) - 37 plays