Young and in the Way
0 Shouts - 813,879 Scrobbles
Young and in the Way is a blackened crust band from Charlotte, NC. The lineup consists of vocalist Kable Lyall, guitarist/vocalist Rick Contes, drummer Randy Baucom, and bassist Chris Nolen. Derrick Gause is their live bassist. Their music is described as cold, hard and loud with ties to crust punk, black metal and sludge. They are currently signed to Deathwish Inc.Read More...
Since forming in 2009, the band has released various EPs and splits both independently and through labels such as Antithetic Records, Headfirst Records, and A389 Recordings. Their debut album I Am Not What I Am was self-released digitally on March 24, 2011, and limited edition CDs were pressed through French label Swarm of Nails. The band announced their signing to Deathwish Inc. in 2013 via their Facebook page and were heavily promoted by the label as well for their upcoming second full-length album When Life Comes to Death. A music video was filmed for their song "Be My Blood," and the album was released worldwide on May 27, 2014.
Randy Baucom and Rick Contes are members of fellow Charlotte atmospheric black metal band Ayr. Worsen is Rick Contes' solo black metal project. Randy Baucom and Rick Contes also perform drums and guitar, respectively, in Votnut, while Kable Lyall is their bassist.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Betrayed By Light - 38,579 plays
- And We Have Killed Him - 33,679 plays
- Be My Blood - 36,604 plays
- Fuck This Life - 33,753 plays
- Leaving Nothing but the Absence of Everything - 31,223 plays
- Death Is Eager to Hold You - 30,797 plays
- If Only That So Many Dead Lie Round - 29,313 plays
- That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie - 27,166 plays
- They Should Greet Me with Howls of Execration - 28,725 plays
- Self Inflicted - 26,215 plays