24 Shouts - 141,274 Scrobbles
Yothu Yindi (Yolngu for mother and child) is an Australian band with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal members. The Aboriginal members come from near Yirrkala on the Gove Peninsula in the Northern Territory's Arnhem Land. The band tries to combine aspects of both musical cultures. Their sound varies from traditional Aboriginal songs which are literally thousands of years old to modern pop and rock songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell I heard it on the radio and I saw it on the television,
Back in nineteen eighty-eight, all those talking politicians.
Words are easy, words are cheap, much cheaper than our priceless land.
But promises can disappear just like writing in the sand.
Treaty yeah, treaty now,
- Tribal Voice - (4:36) - 226 plays
- Gapu - (2:44) - 136 plays
- LyricsI've been looking for you
Searching for something new
You keep my feet on the ground
As you make my world turn around
Keep sending me signals
- Treaty (Radio Mix) - (3:23) - 125 plays
- Mainstream - (4:03) - 132 plays
- Timeless Land - (5:10) - 114 plays
- Dots On The Shells (w/ Neil Finn) - (3:06) - 99 plays
- Dots On The Shells - (4:48) - 72 plays
- Hope - (3:37) - 70 plays