24 Shouts - 135,062 Scrobbles
Yothu Yindi (Yolngu for mother and child) is an Australian band with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal members. The Aboriginal members come from near Yirrkala on the Gove Peninsula in the Northern Territory's Arnhem Land. The band tries to combine aspects of both musical cultures. Their sound varies from traditional Aboriginal songs which are literally thousands of years old to modern pop and rock songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell I heard it on the radio and I saw it on the television,
Back in nineteen eighty-eight, all those talking politicians.
Words are easy, words are cheap, much cheaper than our priceless land.
But promises can disappear just like writing in the sand.
Treaty yeah, treaty now,
- Treaty (Radio Mix) - (3:23) - 235 plays
- Tribal Voice - (4:36) - 255 plays
- LyricsI've been looking for you
Searching for something new
You keep my feet on the ground
As you make my world turn around
Keep sending me signals
- LyricsReflection in the water I see
Six pretty girls on my mind today
Yellow foam floating down the river
Voices I hear of Yolngu heroes
Go go go go living in the mainstream
- Dots On The Shells (w/ Neil Finn) - (3:06) - 110 plays
- Gapu - (2:44) - 87 plays
- Djapana - (4:32) - 67 plays
- Timeless Land - (5:10) - 89 plays
- Hope - (3:37) - 84 plays