5 Shouts - 11,535 Scrobbles
Yorgo Bacanos (1900-1977) was a Turkish musician of Greek-Gypsy descent Bacanos was born in Silivri, a small town near Istanbul, on the 21st September 1900. He was from a Greek-Gypsy family among whose members were musicians such as Aleko Baconos, his elder brother, Anastas, his uncle. Sotiri and Paraşko, his cousins, all well-known kemençe players of their time. Leondi Efendi and Ligori Efendi, his grandfathers, and Haralambos Efendi his father, too, were practising musicians, who played kemençe, kanun, and lavta (Turkish version of European lute), respectively.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mahur Taksim - (3:23) - 54 plays
- Nihavend Taksim - (2:56) - 30 plays
- Hicaz Taksim - (2:46) - 43 plays
- Selmek Taksim - (4:21) - 26 plays
- Segâh Taksim - (3:19) - 23 plays
- Hicazkâr Taksim - (3:03) - 21 plays
- Acemkürdî Taksim - (5:35) - 14 plays
- Hüseynî Taksim - (3:16) - 12 plays
- Nikriz Sirto - (6:46) - 12 plays
- Hüzzam Gazel (Gözü Dünya Mi Görür Âsik-i Didâr Olanin) - (3:57) - 2 plays