5 Shouts - 11,679 Scrobbles
Yorgo Bacanos (1900-1977) was a Turkish musician of Greek-Gypsy descent Bacanos was born in Silivri, a small town near Istanbul, on the 21st September 1900. He was from a Greek-Gypsy family among whose members were musicians such as Aleko Baconos, his elder brother, Anastas, his uncle. Sotiri and Paraşko, his cousins, all well-known kemençe players of their time. Leondi Efendi and Ligori Efendi, his grandfathers, and Haralambos Efendi his father, too, were practising musicians, who played kemençe, kanun, and lavta (Turkish version of European lute), respectively.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hicaz Taksim - (2:46) - 13 plays
- Selmek Taksim - (4:21) - 12 plays
- Mahur Taksim - (3:23) - 14 plays
- Nihavend Taksim - (2:56) - 12 plays
- Segâh Taksim - (3:19) - 9 plays
- Hüseynî Taksim - (3:16) - 10 plays
- Mahur Sarki (Gülsen-i Ezhar Açti) - (3:36) - 3 plays
- Nikriz Sirto - (6:46) - 6 plays
- Sedaraban Pesrev - (2:44) - 2 plays
- Hicazkâr Taksim - (3:03) - 5 plays