5 Shouts - 11,821 Scrobbles
Yorgo Bacanos (1900-1977) was a Turkish musician of Greek-Gypsy descent Bacanos was born in Silivri, a small town near Istanbul, on the 21st September 1900. He was from a Greek-Gypsy family among whose members were musicians such as Aleko Baconos, his elder brother, Anastas, his uncle. Sotiri and Paraşko, his cousins, all well-known kemençe players of their time. Leondi Efendi and Ligori Efendi, his grandfathers, and Haralambos Efendi his father, too, were practising musicians, who played kemençe, kanun, and lavta (Turkish version of European lute), respectively.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Segâh Taksim - (3:19) - 9 plays
- Selmek Taksim - (4:21) - 9 plays
- Mahur Taksim - (3:23) - 8 plays
- Hicaz Taksim - (2:46) - 6 plays
- Segah Taksim - (3:19) - 3 plays
- Acemkürdî Taksim - (5:35) - 6 plays
- Sedaraban Taksim - 3 plays
- Rast Taksim - 2 - (5:12) - 2 plays
- Hicazkâr Taksim (Piyano ile) - (3:03) - 5 plays
- Nikriz Sirto - (6:46) - 5 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online