9 Shouts - 12,445 Scrobbles
Based around the affecting songwriting of Kevin Hand, Uttoxeter's best ever pop group released a single - Julie and the Sea Lions - on their own label, then recorded for Upright and Cherry Red. Peel and Long favourites for a while, especially with the classic This Is Not Love, it never translated to commercial success. The band returned to live action and recording in the early 1990s, releasing a 5 track CD EP on the Tubecroft label. The band then changed their name in 1996 to 'big red kite' and released an album called "Short Stories" on the German record label Scout.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sharon - (3:24) - 17 plays
- Lee Marvin - (3:21) - 9 plays
- all of my days - (3:33) - 7 plays
- Stones - (2:13) - 9 plays
- Freeland - (2:29) - 7 plays
- All The Stars - (3:30) - 6 plays
- Step Into The Light - (3:00) - 6 plays
- This Is Not Love - (3:34) - 13 plays
- Julie And The Sealions - (2:54) - 7 plays
- Dirty Windows - (3:53) - 7 plays