1. American punk band from Los Angeles, California formed in 1977.Read More...
2. Australian rock band formed in 1977. Tag as X (Australia)
3. A Japanese metal band which changed their name to X Japan in 1992
4. Czech punk band formed in 2003.
5. Bulgarian metal band
6. An alias of Australian DJ Deepforces
7. An alias of Terekke
8. X is Javon Johnson, an American hip-hop lyricist from Houston, TX.
From the band’s earliest days, they were known for complex songs with a rockabilly edge. Unlike many punk bands from the same era, the band exhibited musical proficiency.
In addition, the band’s lyrics bore an amount of sophistication that was uncommon for punk bands at the time. Co-written by Doe and Cervenka, who was known as poet prior to joining X, the lyrics were more often than not poetry set to music. The lyrics were also co-sang by Doe and Cervenka, who complimented each other harmonically, adding a deeper layer to the music.
The band’s stint with Slash Records is the defining era for the band, when they released their debut album, 1980's Los Angeles. Los Angeles is considered one of the most influential punk albums to come out of the L.A. punk scene in the '80s. In 2002, the band was awarded an Official Certificate of Recognition from the City of Los Angeles in acknowledgment of their influence on the Los Angeles music scene and the city’s culture in general.
The Australian band called X, formed in 1977 by Rose Tattoo bassist Ian Rilen and Steve Lucas. They initially called themselves Evil Rumours. Their debut LP Aspirations (recorded by the equally great Lobby Loyde) is a punk classic (and was later reissued in the US by the revered Amphetamine Reptile label). Search for it you will be glad you did. A couple of members passed away early in their career. Cathy Green became a permanent fixture on drums. They were being groomed for bigger things and their LP ...And More was to get a big push from the label (White) but there was "an incident" involving the label and although the album was released it was no longer a priority. Probably because of this the band has long periods of inactivity, but continue to play nearly 30 years later including May / June 2009 with legendary San Francisco punks Flipper. They have released many albums and have a great reputation for their live-shows! Sadly Ian Rilen passed away in late 2006 from cancer, but Kim Volkman has stepped up to the plate. Their 2nd LP At Home With You has been reissued on Aztec Music with a bonus live album. Their music has been covered by the New Bomb Turks and feedtime amongst others. The classic debut Aspirations has just been reissued by Aztec Music.
Metal band from Japan, founded in 1982, X changed their name to X JAPAN in 1992-08, when HEATH joined the band. Releases until Jealousy / Say anything belong to X. Later releases belong to X JAPAN.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe had to leave los angeles all her toys wore out in black and her boys had too she started to hate
She had to get out
She had to get out
She had to get out
She gets confused flying over the dateline her hands turn red cause the days change at night change
- LyricsSomeone clean to chew on a wife that no one likes
He called and they said all of New York
Is a tow-away zone
He paid sixty dollars on 12th street today
And now all my money's gone
- LyricsWell, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night
The cars crawl past all stuffed with eyes
Street lights share their hollow glow
- Lyricstoday you're gonna be so sick so sick you'll prop your forehead on the sink say oh christ oh jesus christ my head's gonna crack like a bank tonight you'll fall asleep in clothes-so late like a candy bar wrapped up for lunch that's all you get to taste poverty and spit poverty and spit nausea bloody red eyes go to nausea bloody red eyes go to nausea bloody red eyes go to sleep you're talking out of harmony you can't remember what you said cut it out you feel retarded take the sissors saw the head
- LyricsWe got it on that way
We'd do anything to stay
And keep your money boys
Made of silver and gold
And keep your pekingese, Turkish cigarettes
- Sugarlight - 91,107 plays
- Adult Books - 85,064 plays
- The Unheard Music - 78,265 plays
- We're Desperate - 87,452 plays
- White Girl - 68,686 plays