2 Shouts - 8,258 Scrobbles
X-O-Dus was a reggae band from Manchester that assembled in 1975. Their first gig was in early '77 and they released a four song demo tape in '79. The tape was heard by Tony Wilson who 'almost immediately' signed them to Factory, making them the first reggae band signed to a leading UK independent label. The single 'English Black Boys'/'See Them A Come' received favourable reviews in Sounds, Melody Maker and the NME and entered both the UK independent singles and UK reggae singles charts. Their other songs include 'Sinnerman', 'Dance', 'Rise and Fall', 'Bourneville' and 'Friends of the Earth'.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Society - (4:21) - 320 plays
- English Black Boys - (4:46) - 259 plays
- See Them A 'Come - (8:26) - 129 plays
- See Them A Come - (8:27) - 58 plays
- Dance - (3:31) - 44 plays
- See Them A'Come - (8:27) - 33 plays
- Take It From Me - (5:01) - 26 plays
- See Them a-Come - (8:32) - 17 plays
- We Can Feel It - (3:58) - 25 plays
- If You Want My Lovin - (4:40) - 31 plays