6 Shouts - 183,747 Scrobbles
Wynonie "Mr. Blues" Harris (August 24, 1915-June 14, 1969) was an American blues shouter and rhythm and blues singer. He was born in Omaha, Nebraska. Harris traveled as a singer and dancer with the Lucky Millinder Big Band in his youth. His first big solo hit was in 1944 with his record "Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well". He was a dynamic live performer who brought a lot of attention to the emerging styles of rhythm and blues.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Good Rockin' Tonight - (2:46) - 1,360 plays
- Bloodshot Eyes - (2:42) - 1,176 plays
- All She Wants to Do Is Rock - (2:39) - 831 plays
- Lovin' Machine - (2:27) - 651 plays
- Good Morning Judge - (2:41) - 592 plays
- I Like My Baby's Pudding - (2:42) - 367 plays
- I Want My Fanny Brown - (3:07) - 261 plays
- Quiet Whiskey - (2:27) - 321 plays
- Sittin' On It All The Time - (2:36) - 238 plays
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well - (3:01) - 240 plays