276 Shouts - 3,848,616 Scrobbles
Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie (July 14, 1912–October 3, 1967) was an American songwriter and folk musician. Guthrie's musical legacy consists of hundreds of songs, ballads and improvised works covering topics from political themes to traditional songs to children's songs. Guthrie performed continually throughout his life with his guitar frequently displaying the slogan "This Machine Kills Fascists". Guthrie is perhaps best known for his song "This Land Is Your Land", which is regularly sung in American schools. Many of his recorded songs are archived in the Library of Congress.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThis land is your land, This land is my land,
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters;
This land was made for you and Me.
As I went a-walking that ribbon of highway
- LyricsIt's a mighty hard row that my poor hands have hoed
My poor feet have traveled this hot dusty road
Out of your Dust Bowl and Westward we rolled
And through deserts so hot and through mountains so cold
I worked in your orchards of peaches and prunes
- Car Song - (1:53) - 2,268 plays
- LyricsIf you'll gather 'round me, children
A story I will tell
'Bout pretty boy Floyd, an outlaw
Oklahoma knew him well
It was in the town of Shawnee
- LyricsI've been havin' some hard travelin', I thought you knowed
I've been havin' some hard travelin', way down the road
I've been havin' some hard travelin', hard ramblin', hard gamblin'
Been havin' some hard travelin', Lord
I've been ridin' them fast rattlers, I thought you knowed
- Do-Re-Mi - (2:43) - 1,502 plays
- Jesus Christ - (4:16) - 1,573 plays
- Talkin' Dust Bowl Blues - (2:41) - 1,112 plays
- Hobo's Lullaby - (2:23) - 1,454 plays
- Vigilante Man - (3:22) - 1,279 plays