273 Shouts - 3,601,061 Scrobbles
Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie (July 14, 1912–October 3, 1967) was an American songwriter and folk musician. Guthrie's musical legacy consists of hundreds of songs, ballads and improvised works covering topics from political themes to traditional songs to children's songs. Guthrie performed continually throughout his life with his guitar frequently displaying the slogan "This Machine Kills Fascists". Guthrie is perhaps best known for his song "This Land Is Your Land", which is regularly sung in American schools. Many of his recorded songs are archived in the Library of Congress.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Land Is Your Land - (2:19) - 10,908 plays
- Pretty Boy Floyd - (4:33) - 4,062 plays
- Pastures Of Plenty - (2:28) - 3,793 plays
- Car Song - (1:50) - 3,369 plays
- LyricsI've been havin' some hard travelin', I thought you knowed
I've been havin' some hard travelin', way down the road
I've been havin' some hard travelin', hard ramblin', hard gamblin'
Been havin' some hard travelin', Lord
I've been ridin' them fast rattlers, I thought you knowed
- Worried Man Blues - (3:04) - 2,178 plays
- Jesus Christ - (3:46) - 2,260 plays
- Do Re Mi - (3:02) - 2,384 plays
- Vigilante Man - (3:22) - 2,065 plays
- I Ain't Got No Home - (2:45) - 2,137 plays