0 Shouts - 259,225 Scrobbles
There are, at least, four bands named Woe: 1) A Philadelphia, USA black metal band (formed 2007). 2) A London, UK band (formed 2008). 3) A Southend-on-Sea, UK noise / punk / jazz band (formed 2000, split 2004). 4) An Adelaide, Australia harmonic stoner rock band.Read More...
1) A Philadelphia/South Jersey band, created to make black metal (early 2007). Intended as nothing more than a casual experiment, it changed from bedroom project, to an obsession. The rules - no: drum machines, corpse paint, 'Renaissance faerie-speak or faking - Honest, dark black metal, faithful to tradition & without cliches. Woe plays aggressive, hypnotic music, with themes of Satanism, elitism, & loss. The first LP, A Spell for the Death of Man, was released in 2008. Official site: http://Quietly.WoeUnholy.com
2) A London, UK band (formed 2008). Official site: http://mySpace.com/WoeSpace
3) A Southend-on-Sea, UK band that strove to make the familiar strange by infusing their rock with a fierce and heavy streak of experimentalism and number of left field stylistic elements. The British quartet came at their compositions with the spirit of punk and the desire - if not necessarily the requisite experience - to play jazz. A big, spooky rhythm section drives Woe's music, building the hypnotism factor, which is only increased thanks to layered trumpet, sax, and guitar, and lots of dub delay. Sometimes the songs are barely contained chaos, sometimes they are slinky and elegant.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- No Solitude - 17,410 plays
- The Road From Recovery - 17,347 plays
- Quietly, Undramatically - 18,932 plays
- This is the End of the Story - 15,892 plays
- A Treatise on Control - 13,829 plays
- Without Logic - 13,207 plays
- Carried By Waves To Remorseless Shores Of The Truth - 12,474 plays
- Full Circle - 12,620 plays
- Solitude - 12,910 plays
- Hatred is Our Heart - 11,719 plays