140 Shouts - 463,264 Scrobbles
Wise Blood is Chris Laufman, a young guy who lives in Pittsburgh and makes woozy, inward pop songs out of other people's music. Laufman's voice is usually the only original element in Wise Blood's songs. But Laufman's sample manipulation can turn something like the brontosaurus-stomp drums from Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" into just one element of a funky swirl of a track. To hear Laufman tell it, he'd like to take over pop music completely in the next year or so. The first step in that campaign: a self-titled five-song EP up for download on Wise Blood's Bandcamp page.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Alarm - (3:00) - 25,900 plays
- Darlin' You're Sweet - (2:54) - 10,967 plays
- Loud Mouths - (2:21) - 7,655 plays
- Rat - (3:21) - 6,361 plays
- Routine Reality - (3:02) - 3,574 plays
- Nosferatu - (2:48) - 2,760 plays
- Universe Is Blessed - (3:08) - 3,547 plays
- Target - (3:21) - 3,809 plays
- AM 1020 - (2:06) - 3,185 plays
- I'm Losing My Mind - (2:30) - 2,517 plays