0 Shouts - 223,570 Scrobbles
There are at least 7 artists under this name:Read More...
1. Wintermute (Mathias Stemen) also know as Wintermute Messiah, has been producing music since late 1998. Currently has a back catalog of about 400+ songs spanning 22 albums. Wintermute produces music in many electronic genres including: Ambient, Trance, Down tempo, Drum And Bass, Progressive and Symphonic Electronica.
Originally Inspired by William Gibson's stories (Neuromancer, Count Zero, etc.), Wintermute is trying to take electronic music into new directions. Highly infused with Progressive Rock (Yes, Rush, Kansas, etc) and early electronic (Kitaro, Tomita, Rick Wakeman, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, etc) all blended in with more "contemporary" electronic sounds (Massive attack, Enigma, Orbital, the Orb, BT, etc) into what Wintermute calls: "Concept Electronica" and "Art Trance".
Similar Artists: Future Sounds of London, Jean Michele Jarre, the Orb and Vangelis.
Music Styles: Ambient, Progressive Trance, Ambient Drum and Bass, Progressive Electronica, Dark Ambient, Funk
Listen.com: "Although inspired by high-tech sci-fi -- namely, popular author William Gibson -- Wintermute's music isn't jagged, jerky, paranoid or frenzied, but more of an ambient wash of lovely textures and sounds that stay on the more positive, uplifting side of House and new age. Some lovely, classically-tinged moments. "
Raw 42: "floating in a black, empty void framed by distant stars, all is quiet. suddenly there is a faintly imagined trickle of sound which rapidly becomes more distinct...
Influences: Pink Floyd, Rush, Tomita, David Bowie, Yes, Genesis (early), Kitaro, Vangelis, The KLF, Radio Head, The Crystal Method, Depeche Mode, NIN, Shostakovich, Debussy, Howard Shore, Philip Glass, Danny Elfman, Copeland, Strauss ( both ), Bach, Mozart... etc...
Early Relases: CD-Rs/DAMs(mp3.com, ampcast, cafepress, etc)
Notes From Cyberspace(1999)
The Stray-light Suites(2000)
Music for Space Travel(2001)
Relics (Released for "Digital Star streams")
: I.L.L.U.S.I.O.N.S : (2002)
N3UR0M4NC3R (A William Gibson Tribute) (2002)
State of the Art (2002)
Lords of the Earth (2003)
Built for the Future (2003)
Nemesis: A Cyberpunk Gothic Tale (2003)
Wide Screen (2004)
The Art of Trance (2004)
Chill Zone (2004)
Releases through Blue Water Records (distributed though IODA):
Life in the Machine (2005)
The Priciple of Chill (2006)
2. Wintermute is a Spanish dance act produced by Raul Remujo and Roberto Ropero. This project released the singles "Hands Of Fate", "Sick Of Love" and "In Your Eyes".
3.Wintermute of OCremix.
4.A Leeds based 4-piece, no longer active, Wintermute consisted of Daniel Howard on guitar and vocals, David Hemmings on Guitar, Chris Newbould on Bass and Ben Johnson on Drums. They played a unique brand of jagged math-pop, combining complex structures and time signatures with catchy melodies and passionate vocals. They were a popular force in the Leeds music scene since their birth in 2005. Their Debut single 'Gambling or Playing Cards?' was released on October 15th by Children No More Records (http://www.myspace.com/childrennomorerecords )
5. London-based noise artist, churning out feral sounds from hellish depths.
6. Japanese shoegaze artist Wintermute. He combines programmed drum beats, noisy yet translucent guitars and the voice of vocaloid Miku Hatsune (初音ミク)
to create a unique brand of shoegaze.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Donkey Kong Country 2 Brambly Rivers OC ReMix - 36,695 plays
- Zelda 64 Lullaby Proximitus OC ReMix - 12,229 plays
- Donkey Kong Country 3 My Red Hot Pursuit OC ReMix - 6,723 plays
- Illusion of Gaia Will's Journey OC ReMix - 5,738 plays
- Bad Company in a Sauna - 5,837 plays
- Dead or Not He Was Wearing Sunglasses - 5,399 plays
- Disco Loadout - 3,458 plays
- Shark vs E-boat - 3,241 plays
- Gambling or Playing Cards? - 3,492 plays
- Alchemy - 6,039 plays