75 Shouts - 2,578,097 Scrobbles
Wilson Pickett (March 18, 1941 – January 19, 2006) was an American R&B and soul singer. Known for his raw, passionate delivery, he was a major figure in the development of Southern soul music. One of the most popular black singers of the '60s, Wilson Pickett helped introduce the aggressive, rhythmic style of soul music. Aided immeasurably by the excellent studio bands backing him at the Stax Studios in Memphis, Tennessee, and the Fame Studio in Muscle Shoals Alabama, Pickett scored a series of R&B and pop hits on Atlantic Records between 1963 and 1972 that included "In the Midnight Hour...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Ow! Uh! Alright! Uh!
Got to know how to pony
Like Bony Maronie
- LyricsI'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love comes tumbling down
I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
When there's no one else around
I'm gonna take you girl and hold you
- LyricsMustang Sally uh-huh
Guess you better slow your Mustang down
Oh Lord what I said now
Mustang Sally now baby
Oh Lord guess you better
- Hey Jude - (4:03) - 8,602 plays
- In The Midnight Hour - Remastered Single Version - (2:29) - 7,164 plays
- Funky Broadway - (2:32) - 4,104 plays
- Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - (2:18) - 3,639 plays
- If You Need Me - (2:33) - 3,485 plays
- I'm in Love - (2:34) - 3,331 plays
- 634-5789 - (2:58) - 3,389 plays