8 Shouts - 68,337 Scrobbles
Best-known as the man who signed Al Green to Hi Records and as the producer of Green's most popular records, Willie Mitchell had a successful recording career of his own during the mid-'60s before meeting Green. Born on March 23, 1928, in Ashland, MS, Mitchell was raised in Memphis, TN, and began studying music and arranging at an early age, taking up the trumpet at the age of eight and learning from pianist Ozie Horn (as well as drawing from such influences as Roy Eldridge and Harry James).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Groovin' - (3:00) - 891 plays
- That Driving Beat - (2:07) - 674 plays
- Soul Serenade - (2:23) - 279 plays
- The Champion, Part 1 - (2:15) - 277 plays
- 20-75 - (2:15) - 261 plays
- groovin - 307 plays
- The Champion - (2:12) - 294 plays
- That Driving Beat (Feat. Don Bryant) - (2:08) - 146 plays
- The Champion (Part.1) - (2:15) - 111 plays
- My Babe - (2:24) - 91 plays