8 Shouts - 79,937 Scrobbles
Willie L. Mitchell (March 1, 1928 – January 5, 2010) was an American soul, rhythm & blues, rock and roll, pop and funk record producer and arranger, who ran Royal Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. He was best known for his Hi Records label of the 1970s, which released albums by a large stable of popular Memphis soul artists, including Mitchell himself, Al Green, O. V. Wright, Syl Johnson, Ann Peebles and Quiet Elegance. A trumpeter and bandleader in his own right, Mitchell released a number of popular singles for Hi Records as an artist in the 1960s, including "Soul Serenade.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Groovin' - (3:00) - 654 plays
- That Driving Beat - (2:07) - 620 plays
- The Champion, Part 1 - (2:15) - 278 plays
- Soul Serenade - (2:23) - 213 plays
- groovin - 191 plays
- 20-75 - (2:15) - 149 plays
- That Driving Beat (Feat. Don Bryant) - (2:08) - 156 plays
- The Crawl - (2:04) - 126 plays
- The Champion - (2:12) - 136 plays
- Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - (2:21) - 126 plays