8 Shouts - 77,621 Scrobbles
Willie L. Mitchell (March 1, 1928 – January 5, 2010) was an American soul, rhythm & blues, rock and roll, pop and funk record producer and arranger, who ran Royal Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. He was best known for his Hi Records label of the 1970s, which released albums by a large stable of popular Memphis soul artists, including Mitchell himself, Al Green, O. V. Wright, Syl Johnson, Ann Peebles and Quiet Elegance. A trumpeter and bandleader in his own right, Mitchell released a number of popular singles for Hi Records as an artist in the 1960s, including "Soul Serenade.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Groovin' - (3:00) - 645 plays
- That Driving Beat - (2:07) - 656 plays
- Soul Serenade - (2:23) - 242 plays
- The Champion, Part 1 - (2:15) - 249 plays
- 20-75 - (2:15) - 163 plays
- groovin - 173 plays
- The Champion - (2:12) - 205 plays
- That Driving Beat (Feat. Don Bryant) - (2:08) - 149 plays
- The Crawl - (2:04) - 117 plays
- The Champion (Part.1) - (2:15) - 91 plays