4 Shouts - 8,847 Scrobbles
Renowned English flutist William Bennett studied with Geoffrey Gilbert at the Guildhall School of Music and in Paris with Jean-Pierre Rampal. In 1958, he won a medal in the Geneva International Flute Competition. From 1965, he studied with Marcel Moyse, whose vibrant and expressive style he has championed. He has had a distinguished career in British orchestras, serving as principal flute with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, and the English Chamber Orchestra.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Triple Concerto in A Minor, BWV 1044 (1994 - Remaster): III. Tempo di Allabreve - (6:51) - 13 plays
- J.S. Bach: 2. Rondeau - 2. Rondeau - (1:51) - 15 plays
- Triple Concerto in A Minor, BWV 1044 (1994 - Remaster): II. Adagio ma non tanto e dolce - (6:09) - 9 plays
- J.S. Bach: Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings, and Continuo No.5 in F minor, BWV 1056 - Arr./ Reconstructed Christopher Hogwood for - (3:15) - 8 plays
- Largo - (3:15) - 13 plays
- Triple Concerto in A Minor, BWV 1044 (1994 - Remaster): I. Allegro - (9:01) - 9 plays
- Sonata for Flute No.5 in E minor, BWV 1034 - 4. Allegro - 12 plays
- Flute Concerto No.3 in D Major, RV428 'Il Gardellino': II. Cantabile - (2:49) - 8 plays
- J.S. Bach: Suite No.2 in B minor, BWV 1067 - 6. Menuet - 7. Badinerie - (2:39) - 9 plays
- 3. Sarabande - (2:57) - 7 plays