9 Shouts - 737,098 Scrobbles
Will Ackerman is a guitarist and composer of acoustic-based instrumental music. He founded and ran for many years the influential new age record label Windham Hill Records. Born in West Germany, he was adopted by a couple who lived in Palo Alto, California. A self-professed poet and musician who briefly studied guitar with Robbie Basho, Ackerman grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. After attending Stanford University, Ackerman dropped out to become a carpenter. Ackerman had composed some pieces of music for a performance of Romeo and Juliet at Stanford.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Bricklayer's Beautiful Daughter - (3:36) - 1,153 plays
- The Impending Death of the Virgin Spirit - (6:16) - 954 plays
- Processional - (3:41) - 642 plays
- Hawk Circle - (5:06) - 604 plays
- Anne's Song - (3:56) - 590 plays
- Visiting - (5:47) - 402 plays
- Emmanuel - (2:26) - 435 plays
- Zuzu's Petals - (4:49) - 327 plays
- I Wonder as I Wander - (3:56) - 536 plays
- Pictures - (5:09) - 245 plays