5 Shouts - 140,678 Scrobbles
Wilfrido Radamés Vargas Martínez (born April 24, 1949) is a merengue musician from the Dominican Republic. His compositions were instrumental in making the fast polyrhythmic merengue style a worldwide phenomena. Born in Altamira, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Vargas began his musical studies early, attending the Municipal Academy of Music beginning at age 10. He has been a trumpeter and a vocalist, but has also arranged, composed, and led his band, and is also a producer. He began his career with the band "Wilfrido Vargas y sus Beduinos" by recording his first album in 1974.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Abusadora - (4:07) - 599 plays
- El Africano - (4:11) - 613 plays
- El Hombre Divertido - (4:14) - 311 plays
- El Baile Del Perrito - (4:33) - 265 plays
- Volveré - (4:23) - 260 plays
- A Mover la Colita - (3:40) - 153 plays
- El Jardinero - (4:27) - 171 plays
- Volvere - (4:22) - 75 plays
- El Barbarazo - (4:37) - 78 plays
- Africano - 168 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods