14 Shouts - 195,758 Scrobbles
Keyboardist Weldon Irvine looms large in the pantheon of jazz-funk, profoundly influencing the subsequent generations of hip-hop artists for whom he served as collaborator and mentor. Born in Hampton, VA, on October 27, 1943, Irvine was raised by his grandparents in the wake of his parents' divorce, and while his grandmother played standup bass in a series of regional classical ensembles, her husband served as dean of the men's college at Hampton Institute.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You - (3:01) - 731 plays
- We Gettin' Down - (5:46) - 595 plays
- Music Is The Key - (7:34) - 447 plays
- Morning Sunrise - (1:18) - 350 plays
- Here's Where I Came In - (3:47) - 188 plays
- Time Capsule - (2:23) - 157 plays
- Do Something For Yourself - (4:46) - 173 plays
- Sinbad - (6:21) - 171 plays
- Soul Sisters - (7:36) - 130 plays
- What's Goin' On? - (4:38) - 100 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online