14 Shouts - 182,113 Scrobbles
Keyboardist Weldon Irvine looms large in the pantheon of jazz-funk, profoundly influencing the subsequent generations of hip-hop artists for whom he served as collaborator and mentor. Born in Hampton, VA, on October 27, 1943, Irvine was raised by his grandparents in the wake of his parents' divorce, and while his grandmother played standup bass in a series of regional classical ensembles, her husband served as dean of the men's college at Hampton Institute.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You - (3:01) - 1,040 plays
- We Gettin' Down - (5:46) - 816 plays
- Music Is The Key - (7:34) - 692 plays
- Do Something For Yourself - (4:46) - 423 plays
- Morning Sunrise - (1:18) - 698 plays
- Here's Where I Came In - (3:47) - 386 plays
- Sinbad - (6:21) - 295 plays
- What's Goin' On? - (4:38) - 209 plays
- Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing - (5:51) - 223 plays
- Gospel Feeling - (4:16) - 163 plays