14 Shouts - 169,104 Scrobbles
Keyboardist Weldon Irvine looms large in the pantheon of jazz-funk, profoundly influencing the subsequent generations of hip-hop artists for whom he served as collaborator and mentor. Born in Hampton, VA, on October 27, 1943, Irvine was raised by his grandparents in the wake of his parents' divorce, and while his grandmother played standup bass in a series of regional classical ensembles, her husband served as dean of the men's college at Hampton Institute.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You - (3:01) - 1,327 plays
- Music Is The Key - (7:34) - 1,054 plays
- We Gettin' Down - (5:46) - 1,201 plays
- Do Something For Yourself - (4:46) - 549 plays
- Here's Where I Came In - (3:47) - 467 plays
- Sinbad - (6:21) - 410 plays
- What's Goin' On? - (4:38) - 402 plays
- Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing - (5:51) - 328 plays
- Morning Sunrise - (1:18) - 495 plays
- Gospel Feeling - (4:16) - 228 plays