14 Shouts - 189,695 Scrobbles
Keyboardist Weldon Irvine looms large in the pantheon of jazz-funk, profoundly influencing the subsequent generations of hip-hop artists for whom he served as collaborator and mentor. Born in Hampton, VA, on October 27, 1943, Irvine was raised by his grandparents in the wake of his parents' divorce, and while his grandmother played standup bass in a series of regional classical ensembles, her husband served as dean of the men's college at Hampton Institute.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You - (3:01) - 877 plays
- We Gettin' Down - (5:46) - 575 plays
- Music Is The Key - (7:34) - 492 plays
- Morning Sunrise - (1:18) - 399 plays
- Here's Where I Came In - (3:47) - 296 plays
- Do Something For Yourself - (4:46) - 243 plays
- Sinbad - (6:21) - 212 plays
- Turkish Bath - (7:00) - 133 plays
- What's Goin' On? - (4:38) - 130 plays
- Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing - (5:51) - 139 plays