14 Shouts - 192,096 Scrobbles
Keyboardist Weldon Irvine looms large in the pantheon of jazz-funk, profoundly influencing the subsequent generations of hip-hop artists for whom he served as collaborator and mentor. Born in Hampton, VA, on October 27, 1943, Irvine was raised by his grandparents in the wake of his parents' divorce, and while his grandmother played standup bass in a series of regional classical ensembles, her husband served as dean of the men's college at Hampton Institute.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You - (3:01) - 663 plays
- We Gettin' Down - (5:46) - 553 plays
- Music Is The Key - (7:34) - 390 plays
- Morning Sunrise - (1:18) - 336 plays
- Here's Where I Came In - (3:47) - 220 plays
- Do Something For Yourself - (4:46) - 179 plays
- Sinbad - (6:21) - 157 plays
- Time Capsule - (2:23) - 139 plays
- Turkish Bath - (7:00) - 108 plays
- What's Goin' On? - (4:38) - 93 plays