0 Shouts - 1,555,396 Scrobbles
There are at least 7 artists named "Weekend":Read More...
1. Weekend is a punk/shoegaze/psychedelic band from San Francisco, CA.
2. Weekend is a Polish disco band.
3. Weekend was a UK band (1981-1983)
4. Weekend is an electronica/dance group from Seattle, Washington.
5. Weekend is a German rapper
6. Weekend is a Russian rock band from Saratov.
7. Weekend is Japanese Underground Hip-Hop Unit.
1) Weekend is a punk/shoegaze/psychedelic band from San Francisco, CA. Their debut 10" was released on Mexican Summer records in December 2009. A Split 7" with Young Prisms due out in May on Transparent Records from London.Their first full length was released on Slumberland Records in 2010. In 2011 they released an EP called 'Red' The band released their second album, Jinx, on July 23, 2013, on Slumberland Records.
2) Weekend is a Polish disco polo band. It has been established in 2000 by Radosław Liszewski and Tomasz Jakubowski.
3) Weekend was a UK band formed by Alison Statton following the split of Young Marble Giants in 1981. The band was actually a merger between two projects. Statton began writing with Spike of Z Block Records and Reptile Ranch in Cardiff, Wales in the summer of 1981 before moving to London where she teamed up with Simon Emmersonof Methodishca Tune. The band signed to Rough Trade Records in December 1981, but recorded only one studio album, La Varieté. La Varieté was released in 1982 on the Rough Trade label and made it to no. 4 in the independent charts staying there for 15 weeks. It was revered by critics on release as a bold new departure from the prevailing post-punk ethos and served as a major influence on Saint Etienne, the Sundays, Belle And Sebastian and many others. According to Cherry Red, La Varieté is: "A beautifully realised and delicate collection of songs set against a jazz backdrop, it switches across myriad musical settings including samba, cabaret, Afrobeat and highly personal, confessional pop." Weekend also released one live mini-LP ('Live At Ronnie Scott's') on Rough Trade Records before disbanding in 1983. After splitting up, members Simon Booth and Larry Stabbins formed the more jazz orientated Working Week.
4) Weekend is an electronica/dance group from Seattle, Washington. The vocalist, Ryann Donnelly, is also famous from horror punk band Schoolyard Heroes, in which she is also the frontwoman. The programming has been done by Mark Gajadhar who's working also with The Blood Brothers and Champagne Champagne.