15 Shouts - 344,599 Scrobbles
Webb Michael Pierce (August 8, 1921 – February 24, 1991) was one of the most popular American honky tonk vocalists of the 1950s, charting more number one hits than any other country artist during the decade.
His biggest hit was "In the Jailhouse Now," which charted for 37 weeks in 1955, 21 of them at number one. Pierce also charted number one for several weeks' each with his recordings of "Slowly" (1954), "Love, Love, Love" (1955), "I Don't Care" (1955), "There Stands the Glass" (1953), "More and More" (1954)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThere stands the glass that will ease all my pain
That will settle my brain, it's my first one today
There stands the glass that will hide all my tears
That will drown all my fear, brother I'm on my way
I'm wondering where you are tonight
- In The Jailhouse Now - (2:05) - 1,628 plays
- I Ain't Never - (1:55) - 753 plays
- More And More - (2:22) - 982 plays
- Slowly - (2:31) - 656 plays
- Teenage Boogie - (2:17) - 664 plays
- Honky Tonk Song - (2:05) - 567 plays
- Sparkling Brown Eyes - (2:56) - 313 plays
- Slowly Im Falling(more In Love With You) - (2:34) - 285 plays
- Tupelo County Jail - (2:08) - 300 plays