15 Shouts - 342,145 Scrobbles
Webb Michael Pierce (August 8, 1921 – February 24, 1991) was one of the most popular American honky tonk vocalists of the 1950s, charting more number one hits than any other country artist during the decade.
His biggest hit was "In the Jailhouse Now," which charted for 37 weeks in 1955, 21 of them at number one. Pierce also charted number one for several weeks' each with his recordings of "Slowly" (1954), "Love, Love, Love" (1955), "I Don't Care" (1955), "There Stands the Glass" (1953), "More and More" (1954)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- There Stands the Glass - (2:28) - 2,127 plays
- In the Jailhouse Now - (2:05) - 1,550 plays
- LyricsWell I ain't never, I ain't never
Seen nobody like you, no, no, no
Never have I ever seen nobody like you
You call me up and say to meet me at nine
I have to hurry, hurry, but I'm there on time
- More and More - (2:22) - 1,023 plays
- Slowly - (2:31) - 671 plays
- Teenage Boogie - (2:17) - 717 plays
- Honky Tonk Song - (2:05) - 572 plays
- Tupelo County Jail - (2:08) - 319 plays
- Slowly Im Falling(more In Love With You) - (2:34) - 252 plays
- Why Baby Why - (2:34) - 417 plays