30 Shouts - 153,065 Scrobbles
Washington Phillips (January 11, 1880 – September 20, 1954) was a Texan gospel singer and musician. Phillips died in 1954 in Teague, Texas. Phillips recorded eighteen songs, all between 1927 and 1929, though only sixteen survived. Some of his songs amount to highly specific and detailed gospel sermons, featuring Phillips' voice self-accompanied by an instrument that sounds like a fretless zither.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mother's Last Word to Her Son - (2:52) - 1,071 plays
- What Are They Doing In Heaven Today - (3:21) - 541 plays
- Lift Him Up That's All - (3:31) - 635 plays
- Paul and Silas in Jail - (2:39) - 399 plays
- What Are They Doing in Heaven Today? - (3:18) - 345 plays
- I Am Born to Preach the Gospel - (3:02) - 267 plays
- I Had A Good Father And Mother - (2:58) - 287 plays
- Take Your Burden to the Lord and Leave It There - (3:11) - 228 plays
- Jesus Is My Friend - (2:52) - 202 plays
- Train Your Child - (3:09) - 216 plays