24 Shouts - 126,482 Scrobbles
Washington Phillips (January 11, 1880 – September 20, 1954) was a Texan gospel singer and musician. Phillips died in 1954 in Teague, Texas. Phillips recorded eighteen songs, all between 1927 and 1929, though only sixteen survived. Some of his songs amount to highly specific and detailed gospel sermons, featuring Phillips' voice self-accompanied by an instrument that sounds like a fretless zither.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mother's Last Word to Her Son - (2:52) - 2,174 plays
- What Are They Doing In Heaven Today - (3:21) - 980 plays
- Paul and Silas in Jail - (2:39) - 760 plays
- Lift Him Up That's All - (3:33) - 760 plays
- What Are They Doing in Heaven Today? - (3:18) - 671 plays
- Train Your Child - (3:09) - 454 plays
- Take Your Burden to the Lord and Leave It There - (3:14) - 437 plays
- The Church Needs Good Deacons - (3:00) - 412 plays
- I Am Born to Preach the Gospel - (3:02) - 386 plays
- I Had a Good Father and Mother - (2:59) - 376 plays