19 Shouts - 674,471 Scrobbles
A Brazilian organist/composer who stumbled upon a gold mine in the 1960s, Walter Wanderley has been resurrected posthumously in the 1990s, a purveyor of lounge music for a young generation. Yet his sound on the organ, generated by a crisp, lightweight, staccato attack, can be mistaken for no one else's - and his choice of material showed much good taste, particularly when exploring his countrymen' s songs. Although his most popular records contained only a minimum of melodic jazz improvisation, he could stretch out when he wanted to.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summer Samba - (2:44) - 1,758 plays
- Crickets Sing For Ana Maria - (4:22) - 1,236 plays
- Batucada - (2:08) - 929 plays
- So Nice - (3:07) - 636 plays
- Beach Samba - (3:52) - 789 plays
- The Girl From Ipanema - (2:38) - 640 plays
- Summer Samba (Samba De Verao) - (3:07) - 418 plays
- Amazonas - (2:20) - 624 plays
- Call Me - (2:23) - 483 plays
- Cried, Cried - (2:24) - 471 plays