17 Shouts - 197,941 Scrobbles
Walter Carl Becker (born February 20, 1950) is an American musician, songwriter and record producer. He is best known as the co-founder, guitarist, bassist and a co-writing half of the duo which make up the rock band Steely Dan.
Becker was born in Queens, New York, grew up in Westchester County and Forest Hills, Queens, and is a graduate of Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan, class of 1967. After starting out on saxophone, he switched to guitar and received instruction in blues technique from his neighbor Randy California of Spirit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Door Number Two - (4:32) - 445 plays
- LyricsI cracked the code and I knew what it's all about
We found the loft on Greene Street, swept that bad boy out
Alsatian wine, playing records way past four
Making some crazy soulful love on the hard wood floor
Where did our love go?
- Circus Money - (4:15) - 349 plays
- Down in the Bottom - (4:17) - 392 plays
- LyricsWell, you came on like some blazing supernova
With a flame that burned so brightly in the sky
Then you woke up and your long white night was over
And you cursed the world that dared to pass you by
So now you blame the ones who love you for your sorrows
- Junkie Girl - (4:07) - 322 plays
- Paging Audrey - (6:47) - 392 plays
- Bob Is Not Your Uncle Anymore - (4:44) - 337 plays
- Selfish Gene - (4:37) - 324 plays
- Somebody's Saturday Night - (4:28) - 272 plays