17 Shouts - 194,876 Scrobbles
Walter Carl Becker (born February 20, 1950) is an American musician, songwriter and record producer. He is best known as the co-founder, guitarist, bassist and a co-writing half of the duo which make up the rock band Steely Dan.
Becker was born in Queens, New York, grew up in Westchester County and Forest Hills, Queens, and is a graduate of Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan, class of 1967. After starting out on saxophone, he switched to guitar and received instruction in blues technique from his neighbor Randy California of Spirit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTell me real, tell me true
Tell me more about door number two
Do me red, do me blue
What goes on behind door number two?
Betsy Button, she just got old
- LyricsI cracked the code and I knew what it's all about
We found the loft on Greene Street, swept that bad boy out
Alsatian wine, playing records way past four
Making some crazy soulful love on the hard wood floor
Where did our love go?
- LyricsWell, you came on like some blazing supernova
With a flame that burned so brightly in the sky
Then you woke up and your long white night was over
And you cursed the world that dared to pass you by
So now you blame the ones who love you for your sorrows
- LyricsThey bang the hammer and they pitch the tents
Throw up some posters for the residents
Your daddy's footfalls on the rain-slicked streets
You try to keep up with your tiny feets
Take it easy baby nice and slow
- LyricsIn the littlest hours 'tween the dusk and dawn
While the night light glows with the music on
You could climb so high in the dream time sky
And go anywhere
In that sometime place ever lost somehow
- Selfish Gene - (4:37) - 344 plays
- Down in the Bottom - (4:17) - 355 plays
- Bob Is Not Your Uncle Anymore - (4:44) - 370 plays
- Do You Remember The Name - (4:13) - 273 plays
- Junkie Girl - (4:07) - 295 plays