8 Shouts - 9,856 Scrobbles
Walter Whitman (Walt for short) was an American poet. He was born March 31st, 1819, around Huntington, Long Island. Walt Whitman was born the second son of his family and had eight siblings. Whitman alternated between printing and writing jobs for about 15 years, working also for various newspapers. He then ventured to become a teacher and published several essays during that time. In 1846, he wrote his first and only novel, Franklin Evans.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- America - (0:38) - 150 plays
- O Captain! My Captain! - (1:42) - 28 plays
- Higher And Higher - (5:42) - 12 plays
- Lift Him Up - (5:24) - 13 plays
- Shabach - (5:12) - 11 plays
- Jesus Is Right Here - (4:04) - 30 plays
- Book 1 - (29:58) - 9 plays
- Pioneers! O Pioneers! - (1:02) - 20 plays
- O Captain My Captain - (2:02) - 6 plays
- When I Heard The Learn'd Astronomer - (0:45) - 4 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online