8 Shouts - 9,467 Scrobbles
Walter Whitman (Walt for short) was an American poet. He was born March 31st, 1819, around Huntington, Long Island. Walt Whitman was born the second son of his family and had eight siblings. Whitman alternated between printing and writing jobs for about 15 years, working also for various newspapers. He then ventured to become a teacher and published several essays during that time. In 1846, he wrote his first and only novel, Franklin Evans.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- America - (0:38) - 151 plays
- O Captain! My Captain! - (1:42) - 30 plays
- Higher And Higher - (5:42) - 9 plays
- Shabach - (5:12) - 21 plays
- Jesus Is Right Here - (4:04) - 26 plays
- I Sing the Body Electric - (17:12) - 13 plays
- Pioneers! O Pioneers! - (1:02) - 19 plays
- Lift Him Up - (5:24) - 9 plays
- To a Stranger - (1:22) - 5 plays
- Book 1 - (29:58) - 6 plays