0 Shouts - 11,172 Scrobbles
Walt began playing the five string banjo in 1959. He first played in an old time string band in 1965 in the Busted Toe Mudthumpers, based in Ithaca NY. He also played four-string (plectrum) banjo in the Muskrat Ramblers, a New Orleans style seven-peice traditional jazz band around that time, which gave him his background and repertoire along those lines. The Mudthumpers travelled to the San Francisco Bay area twice in 1968 and 1969.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Banjonique - (3:12) - 47 plays
- Train On The Island - (4:47) - 36 plays
- Leather Britches - (2:12) - 31 plays
- Blizzard On The Backbone - (3:53) - 29 plays
- Blue Bird Rag - (3:49) - 35 plays
- Big Sandy - (3:49) - 34 plays
- Cotton Eyed Joe - (3:21) - 24 plays
- Big John Macniel - (1:54) - 22 plays
- Freedom's March - (2:42) - 24 plays
- Banjo Blues - (4:02) - 27 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online