1 Shouts - 21,331 Scrobbles
Wade Ward (1892-1971) was an American old-time music fiddler and banjoist from Independence, Virginia. He was especially renowned for his clawhammer banjo playing. He was a frequent winner at the Galax Old Time Fiddler's Convention. His instrument, a Gibson RB-11, is now housed in the Smithsonian Institution. Along with Kyle Creed, he is thought by many to embody the 'Galax' style of clawhammer banjo playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chilly Winds - (2:12) - 244 plays
- Married Man's Blues - (2:44) - 151 plays
- Lone Prairie - (1:36) - 143 plays
- Peachbottom Creek - (1:30) - 97 plays
- Cumberland Gap - (1:06) - 100 plays
- Cumberland Gap (Remastered) - (1:09) - 68 plays
- Old Joe Clark - (1:51) - 72 plays
- Chilly Winds (Remastered) - (1:24) - 61 plays
- Cluck Old Hen - (0:58) - 59 plays
- Mississippi Sawyer - (0:51) - 120 plays