1 Shouts - 24,162 Scrobbles
Wade Ward (1892-1971) was an American old-time music fiddler and banjoist from Independence, Virginia. He was especially renowned for his clawhammer banjo playing. He was a frequent winner at the Galax Old Time Fiddler's Convention. His instrument, a Gibson RB-11, is now housed in the Smithsonian Institution. Along with Kyle Creed, he is thought by many to embody the 'Galax' style of clawhammer banjo playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chilly Winds - (2:12) - 190 plays
- Lone Prairie - (1:36) - 143 plays
- Cumberland Gap - (1:06) - 79 plays
- Peachbottom Creek - (1:30) - 75 plays
- Old Joe Clark - (1:51) - 51 plays
- Mississippi Sawyer - (0:51) - 53 plays
- June Apple - (2:25) - 79 plays
- Did You Ever See the Devil, Uncle Joe? - (1:54) - 29 plays
- Cluck Old Hen - (0:58) - 31 plays
- Sourwood Mountain - (1:13) - 27 plays