1 Shouts - 4,782 Scrobbles
Wade Mainer (April 21, 1907 – September 12, 2011) was an American singer and banjoist. With his band, the Sons of the Mountaineers, he is credited with bridging the gap between old-time mountain music and Bluegrass and is sometimes called the "Grandfather of Bluegrass." In addition, he innovated a two-finger banjo fingerpicking style, which was a precursor to modern three-finger bluegrass styles.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Standing Outside - (3:05) - 62 plays
- I'll Be A Friend To Jesus - (2:44) - 32 plays
- Little Birdie - (2:48) - 42 plays
- Train Carry My Girl Back Home - (2:22) - 26 plays
- The Girl I Left In Sunny Tennessee - (2:46) - 13 plays
- Short Life and It's Trouble - (2:28) - 9 plays
- Mother Came to Get Her Boy from Jail - (2:39) - 8 plays
- Look On And Cry - (2:03) - 4 plays
- John Henry - (4:17) - 14 plays
- The Titanic - (3:26) - 12 plays