Wadada Leo Smith
27 Shouts - 98,678 Scrobbles
Ishmael Wadada Leo Smith (18 December 1941 in Leland, Mississippi) is a trumpeter and composer working primarily in the fields of avant-garde jazz and free improvisation. He started out playing drums, mellophone and French horn before he settled on the trumpet. He played in various rhythm-n-blues groups and by 1967 became a member of the AACM and co-founded the Creative Construction Company, a trio with Leroy Jenkins and Anthony Braxton. In 1971 Smith formed his own label, Kabell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gneiss - (12:20) - 225 plays
- Lake Michigan - (22:01) - 230 plays
- Lake Ontario - (9:18) - 173 plays
- Lake Superior - (10:39) - 165 plays
- Agpaitic - (3:09) - 150 plays
- Lake Huron - (17:25) - 163 plays
- Janus Face - (3:09) - 143 plays
- Lake Erie - (17:37) - 142 plays
- Lake St. Clair - (13:40) - 134 plays
- Debts of Honor - (9:35) - 112 plays