Wadada Leo Smith
27 Shouts - 95,282 Scrobbles
Ishmael Wadada Leo Smith (18 December 1941 in Leland, Mississippi) is a trumpeter and composer working primarily in the fields of avant-garde jazz and free improvisation. He started out playing drums, mellophone and French horn before he settled on the trumpet. He played in various rhythm-n-blues groups and by 1967 became a member of the AACM and co-founded the Creative Construction Company, a trio with Leroy Jenkins and Anthony Braxton. In 1971 Smith formed his own label, Kabell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gneiss - (12:20) - 171 plays
- Lake Michigan - (22:01) - 154 plays
- Lake Ontario - (9:18) - 133 plays
- Janus Face - (3:09) - 121 plays
- Lake Huron - (17:25) - 121 plays
- Lake Superior - (10:39) - 117 plays
- Lake Erie - (17:37) - 107 plays
- Malik Al Shabazz and the People of the Shahada - (5:15) - 94 plays
- Lake St. Clair - (13:40) - 108 plays
- Agpaitic - (3:09) - 101 plays