WDR Big Band
2 Shouts - 6,693 Scrobbles
The WDR Big Band has a long tradition. It came out out of the 1946-founded "NWDR Tanz- und Unterhaltungsorchester".
As a result of continuous collaboration with high-class guest musicians, conductors and arrangers starting from center of the 60's, the band has gained a world wide fame. The band won 3 Grammys. The first one in 2007 for the album Some Skunk Funk together with Randy Brecker and Michael Brecker. In 2008 number two and three were added. One for the Best jazz Vocal album with Patti Austin and the other one for the arrangement for A Silent Way by Vince Mendoza.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing - (3:24) - 39 plays
- To Brenda With Love - (6:34) - 56 plays
- Everyday I Have The Blues - (5:34) - 37 plays
- Basstronaut - (7:39) - 39 plays
- Honeysuckle Rose - (2:33) - 18 plays
- My Favourite Things - (8:24) - 15 plays
- Since I Fell For You - (8:19) - 21 plays
- Danza Caracteristica - (7:53) - 20 plays
- Who´s Smokin - (6:21) - 27 plays
- Reverence - (9:26) - 14 plays