0 Shouts - 4,456,304 Scrobbles
Voltaire is a name of at least three acts:Read More...
1) A mononym of Aurelio Voltaire Hernández (b. 1967, Havana, Cuba), a singer/songwriter whose music has its roots deeply embedded in European folk and also has influences from the gothic scene. He has also been directing commercials and animating short films for ten years, the best known of these are his Hieronymus Bosch-inspired station MTV IDs.
Inspired by the films of Ray Harryhausen (Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad), Voltaire began animating at the age of ten on a super8 camera. By piecing together snippets of information from fanzines, he eventually was able to teach himself how to make foam rubber animation models and animate them. The films of his childhood landed him his first directing job in 1988 with MTV. The stop-motion tour of the hellish Garden of Earthly Delights won several awards.
He also teaches stop-motion animation at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
He also wrote the song "BRAINS!" for the Cartoon Network show "Grim and Evil" which has since split into two separate shows (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Evil Con Carne) and the song can also be found on his album "Boo Hoo".
An avid fan of Star Trek, Voltaire frequently attends conventions and released a four track E.P. called "Banned on Vulcan". It was a set of comedy recordings poking fun at characters from the show.
He often takes part in Adventure Quest Worlds special musical events in which he is drawn incredibly well!
2) A German indie rock group from Bonn, too. They were founded in 2003 by Roland Meyer de Voltaire, who is the singer, songwriter and producer of the band. Their discography includes one EP and two albums, called "Heute ist jeder Tag" (2006) and "Das letzte bisschen Etikette" (2009).
Sites: Voltaire-Musik.De (official)
3) A Polish punk rock band who have released two albums.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhen the Devil is too busy
And death's a bit too much
They call on me, by name you see,
For my special touch.
To the Gentlemen, I'm misfortune
- Zombie Prostitute - 113,976 plays
- LyricsOh, the moon was full
And the color of blood
The night the pirates came
To the Vampire Club
Their leader was tall and snide and slim
- LyricsThree heavy stones will keep it from floating,
weigh it down to the bottom, food for the fishes.
And I know that it won't be discovered
'cause I will be careful, so very careful.
What if it doesn't rain for days and the river is
- LyricsI have been in this line of work for a long time
And I have never seen anything so strange and so peculiar
Its all so deranged
see for yourself
Ladies and gentelmen of the jury
- God Thinks - 94,850 plays
- Almost Human - 98,396 plays
- The Headless Waltz - 73,969 plays
- Land of the Dead - 76,593 plays
- Out of Reach - 64,192 plays