669 Shouts - 3,875,926 Scrobbles
Voltaire is a name of at least three acts: 1) A mononym of Aurelio Voltaire Hernández (b. 1967, Havana, Cuba), a singer/songwriter whose music has its roots deeply embedded in European folk and also has influences from the gothic scene. He has also been directing commercials and animating short films for ten years, the best known of these are his Hieronymus Bosch-inspired station MTV IDs. Inspired by the films of Ray Harryhausen (Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad), Voltaire began animating at the age of ten on a super8 camera.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhen the Devil is too busy
And death's a bit too much
They call on me, by name you see,
For my special touch.
To the Gentlemen, I'm Misfortune
- Zombie Prostitute - (3:13) - 4,947 plays
- LyricsThree heavy stones will keep it from floating,
weigh it down to the bottom, food for the fishes.
And I know that it won't be discovered
'cause I will be careful, so very careful.
What if it doesn't rain for days and the river is
- LyricsA Minotaur's my butler, a Cyclops my valet
A Centaur draws my chariot that takes me down the way
Through a river made of fire to a street that's paved with bones
I got a dozen zombie skeletons to walk me to my throne
In the land of the dead
- LyricsWhat did I ever do to you,
That you should treat me this way?
Is it really such a crime,
For an angel to speak his mind?
In time I'll try to shed some light.
- The Beast of Pirate's Bay - (5:01) - 3,240 plays
- God Thinks - (4:11) - 2,789 plays
- Day of the Dead - (3:35) - 2,750 plays
- Happy Birthday (My Olde Friend) - (2:52) - 2,775 plays
- BRAINS! - (4:43) - 3,006 plays