522 Shouts - 1,824,829 Scrobbles
Virgin Steele is a heavy metal band from New York, founded in 1981. They play what they call "barbaric-romantic" metal, which is very symphonic and contains many elements from classical music. Band-leader David DeFeis describes the music as "From a whisper to a scream, barbaric, romantic, bombastic, yet subtle, grandiose, yet earthy. A call, a shout, an invocation to Freedom and the continual awakening to the awareness that every moment of life is lived to its fullest potential. It is a force, a sacred quest which drives Virgin Steele on.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Burning Of Rome - (6:37) - 1,341 plays
- I Will Come For You - (5:43) - 1,188 plays
I sing of Power, Magick and Faith
A Sonnet of Pure Victory
A Hymn to the Spirits of Freedom and Grace
And whichever Gods there may be . . .
- The Burning of Rome (Cry for Pompeii) - (6:39) - 1,030 plays
- Lion In Winter - (5:32) - 851 plays
- Let It Roar - (3:49) - 621 plays
- Cry Forever - (4:32) - 769 plays
- Through Blood and Fire - (5:30) - 625 plays
- Mind, Body, Spirit - (7:17) - 633 plays
- Blood And Gasoline - (5:30) - 865 plays